Association Management Companies (AMCs) are specialists in managing not-for-profit organizations and associations, providing senior leadership, management services and resources necessary to solve today’s issues and plan for the future. Most AMCs serve as client headquarters, managing day-to-day operations and providing staff members who are experts in various management functions.
Overhead costs are shared by the AMC’s client associations, increasing resources and capabilities without major investment. AMCs provide a wealth of association management experience through proven best practices and shared resources. Because they manage more than one association, their skills and knowledge base are broad and substantial. AMCs provide associations with the expertise they need, when they need it.
Success for AMCs is completely contingent upon the successes they achieve for the associations they manage. That’s why you’ll find that AMC professionals are passionate about what they do on your behalf. At every level, AMC professionals are committed to your vision, your mission, your membership. They also concentrate on optimizing efficiencies, streamlining expenditures and keeping the organization on track toward long-term growth and achievement.
Operational & Staffing Benefits
- Staffing and services customized to meet each individual organization’s needs.
- A broad spectrum of expertise covering all the disciplines required to run an effective association.
- Day-to-day and ongoing staff management, alleviating administrative headaches often faced by association Boards of Directors.
- Improved staffing and resource allocation, giving each association access to specialized resources – just what you need when you need it.
- Proven best management practices and best-of-class resources and technologies.
- Efficiencies derived from leveraging shared resources, including office space, equipment and technologies.
- Improved buying power since purchases can be leveraged across multiple clients.
- Reduced business risks because an AMC takes on many of the insurance liabilities associated with operating an association.
- Greater member satisfaction resulting from the professionalism and responsiveness of staff who understand the importance of placing members first.
- Freedom from daily operations that allows Boards to maintain their focus on mission and strategy.
- Integration of innovative strategies and ideas, stemming from the input and experience AMCs gain from working with multiple industry and professional organizations.
- Scalability to accommodate organizational growth or contraction over time.